Cleaning > How do I clean the printer?
Badgy offers a complete cleaning kit to perform all cleaning tasks. Do not use any other cleaning product.
1. Cleaning the interior of the printer
Note: a cleaning cycle can be launched only if there is no printing job in progress.
2. Servicing the cleaning roller
- Make sure the printer is switched on before opening its cover.
- Remove the ribbon, and then close the cover.
- Press on both sides of the feeder and detach it from the printer by lifting it up and out.
- Remove any card located in the feeder.
- Use a new cleaning card, load it in the feeder and place the feeder back in its slot.
- Press the control panel's push button for one second.
- The cleaning process will start.
- As the card passes multiple times inside the printer, it cleans the card transport rollers, the cleaning roller, and the print head.
- The used card is then ejected to the slide-out hopper. Remove the cleaning card from the hopper (this card can be used only once).
- Replace the ribbon inside the printer, and the cards in the feeder.
Cleaning the rollers will remove any residual dust that is on the card before it is transported inside the printer. You can therefore, expect these rollers to be dirty, as the result of doing their job efficiently.
- Open the printer cover.
- Remove the ribbon.
- Locate the cleaning roller and release it from its housing.
- Use a cleaning cloth provided by Evolis.
- Remove any dust by gently rubbing the cloth across the roller's surface.
- Once the roller is clean and dry, replace it in the printer and make sure it is in its proper position.
- Then, set the ribbon back in its slot and close the printer cover.
- Remove the card feeder.
- Clean the card feeder roller by gently rubbing the cloth over the roller's surface.
- Then, reinsert the feeder in the printer and push on it gently until it clicks in its slot.
- The printer is now ready to start a printing job.
- Before using the printer, wait a couple of minutes until the cleaning product has fully evaporated.
3. Cleaning the print head
Please note that the print head is a fragile component of your printer. To avoid any damage to it :
- Switch off the printer before cleaning the print head.
- Always avoid the print head getting into contact with any sharp or metallic objects (pens, screwdrivers, jewels, watch).
- Avoid any direct contact between the print head surface and your fingers.
- Unplug the power supply cable to the printer. The white push button switches off.
- Open the printer cover and locate the print head.
- Take an Evolis cotton swab, squeeze the tube until it clicks and releases the cleaning product. The swab will now be saturated.
- Gently apply the cotton swab onto the print head, moving it from left to right, and for a few seconds only.
- Close the printer cover. Before using the printer, wait a couple of minutes until the cleaning product has fully evaporated.
- Reconnect the power supply cable and power the printer on. The white push button switches on.
Back to FAQ